DAY 7


Today was the last day of this period of intensive drawing. Even the two-minute studies (small studies) evidence a new level of simple mastery. This process has opened a window for me. Fresh air is pouring into what has been a stifling, unused room.
If I look at my drawings from the first day and compare them with these, I feel deeply satisfied with what I have accomplished. These drawings begin to feel alive. And there is still so much to learn. I am going to absolutely find a way to continue drawing every week.

The combination of daily drawing and then writing about drawing has done much more for me than simply uncovering an old familiar skill. In fact, this way of working feels brand new to me, though obviously my prior experience was critical. For me, this re-exploration into brush drawing from life has been a sensual, ocular and intellectual adventure and I cannot ignore its significance for me.
Thank you to those who made it possible. It has been one of the most entrancing “vacations” of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment